Fishing is an amazing sport and is liked by many; it’s a fun outdoor activity. Of course you will need to have some equipment with you; they are readily available and can be bought from any store selling outdoor camping gear in Brisbane. I have taken up to fishing since my early youth and never have really been able to get out of it. Here’s my suggestion based on Freshwater fishing for bass, trout, sunfish, catfish, and the like:
- Regarding all of this advice about fly fishing… DO NOT take up fly fishing as a beginner UNLESS you have an experienced fly fisherman to teach you this rather complex fishing style. And it’s not a skill you learn on one trip as a beginner to the sport of fishing. Attempting this style without guidance or experience is just setting yourself up for failure and disappointment.
- Stick with light to ultralight spinning or spin-casting gear with 8 to 10 lb. test monofilament or co-polymer line. Assuming you’re not going after muskies or stripers, you should be fine with this setup for most game fishes. You can buy them from one many stores selling fishing equipment in Brisbane and hunting equipment in Brisbane.
- Stick with live bait for a while. Transition to artificial lures or even fly fishing after you begin gaining confidence in your abilities, or you can stick with live bait forever if you wish. Live bait is a good way to learn presentation and patience.
- Keep a log. Note what kind of fish you caught, the time of year, the temperature of the water, the weather conditions, the wind direction, the bait and tackle you used, how deep you caught the fish, the clarity of the water, etc. These things will help you remember what worked and what didn’t. Fish are creatures of habit, and knowing what was successful on one day can be repeated at another time.
- Keep your gear and techniques simple, keep a low profile, be quiet and unobtrusive, and stay focused and observant. Understand that you will have days when you’re convinced there are no fish in the body of water you fished all day. Those days happen no matter how long you’ve been fishing. If catching fish is the most important thing, then become a commercial fisherman and forget pursuing it as a pastime. Practice catch and release as much as you can. If you keep fish, keep only the ones you know you will eat and no more. Obey the laws. Don’t engage in activities like drinking when you’re fishing. Take care of your equipment. Above all, make sure you’re having fun and enjoying the satisfaction of spending a day outdoors in nature. Use good equipments while fishing. You can buy them from one many stores selling fishing equipment in Brisbane and hunting equipment in Brisbane. Visit our product page to buy online.